Did you know that an average of 5-20% of the US population gets the flu each year? You may have even received a reminder call to get your flu shot from Call-Em-All.
Since it seems like everyone during this time of the year is sick (Call-Em-All employees included), we'd like to pass along some tips for the Flu Season from our friends at the CDC:
1) Since the flu is worse than the cold, symptoms such as fever, body aches, extreme tiredness, and dry cough are more common and intense.
2) People with colds are more likely to have a runny or stuffy nose.
3) Special tests must be done within the first few days of illness to tell if a person has the flu.
4) Most healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick.
5) The time from when a person is exposed to flu virus to when symptoms begin is about 1 to 4 days, with an average of about 2 days.
6) CDC recommends staying away from others as much for 24 hours after a fever is gone (except to seek medical care if needed).
The CDC encourages you to see your doctor if symptoms are severe or persist.
You can visit the CDC website for more information on the flu.
We help staffing, religious, education, property management, healthcare and other organizations share important info with our automated messaging service.
automated phone call reminder
automated voice message
Customers & Call-Em-All
flu shot reminders
phone tree software
Tips & Tutorials
© 2005 - 2016 Call-Em-All